International work of Sociological faculty is one of the directions that started to be developed recently. It is directed by RSUH’s policy who wants to become valuable participant of international integration processes and internationalization of education. To achieve these targets is one of the priority tasks of the management of Sociological faculty in whole and all professors and teachers. Students, post-graduate students and since 2012-2013years MS students are also engaged for this work.
Information on 12 positions that was collected in 2011-2013 years showed the following:
- There are students from CIS - Azerbaijan, Belorussia, Uzbekistan and Ukraine who study at the faculty
- Our teachers, students, post-graduate students and MA students take part in the 15 international project; 9 of them are supported from grant financing. Among them: “Social trust between knowledge and practices” (in a partnership with the Institute of sociology of Szczecin university (Poland), “Innovations and traditions of modern family in cross-cultural perspective” (with a department of sociology of family of faculty social and educational science Wuppertal, (Germany).
- 7 international conferences were organized. One of them was done in interactive form.
- Teachers, post-graduate students, MA students and otherstudents of faculty took part in 47 international conferences of seven scientific statuses on the three continents – Eurasia, Europe, Latin America (Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Ukrainian, Argentina, the Great
Britain, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Poland, Slovenia, France, Switzerland andJapan.
- At the framework of a contract about cooperation between the university of the CIS from the 26th October 2012 our Faculty and the faculty of social scientific and international relations of National University of Dnepropetrovsk by Olesya Gonchara did the scientific interactive conference «Educational and scientific networks as a factor of regional integration on the post-Soviet space».
The conference was opened by the rector of the National University of Dnepropetrovsk, doctor of physical and mathematical science, professor Polyakov N.V.; rector of RSUH, the corresponding member of the Russian Scientific Academy, doctor of historical sciences, professor Pivovar E.I.; dean of the faculty of social sciences and international relations of the National University of Dnepropetrovsk, doctor of philosophy sciences, professor Tokovenko A.S.; dean of Sociological faculty, the corresponding member of the Russian Scientific Academy, doctor of philosophy sciences, Toschenko Zh.T. The head of department of the law department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russian Federation and 8 lectors, postgraduate students, MA students and students delivered the reports from the Russian side. Working contacts were established with the National University of Dnepropetrovsk, that allows to expand opportunities of the student’s mobility. Ukrainian colleagues proposed to publish articles in the editions of the National University of Dnepropetrovsk.
– lectors of our faculty prepared 8 courses and separate thematic lectures in the English and the German languages.
– Some of the lectors entered in the editorial board of the foreign scientific publications.
- As a tradition the faculty accepts foreign students for the internship, provides an opportunity for foreign postgraduate students to defend PhD and doctorial thesis. A «reverse process» was organized as well: some our students passed short internships at foreign universities. The 5-year student O. Nazarova is passing an annual internship in Chsendganskiy University (China).
– Active participation of professors the faculty at the events of International Sociological Association (ISA) helps a growth of mobility of scientific staff of the faculty and a recognition of the brand of RSUH in the international academic environment where professor N. M. Velikaya heads the working group «Local Global Relations» and being the member of the Executive Committee of the Research Committee «Local Global Relations».